5 October, 1996
Today started a long time ago. We were rescheduled to deploy from the CDC at 2:00 A.M. We got up at 1:35 A.M. and at 1:55 A.M. found that we were again put on 24-hour hold because of weather conditions at McMurdo. We decided to rent a van and drive 200 km to a small town called Kaikoura. It was as beautiful as any place I've been. The ocean was to the east and snow covered mountains to the west. The fields had sheep grazing which kept the grass as manicured as a golf course. We hiked for most of the day. When we returned we found our flight was delayed for another two hours. That means we're scheduled for pick up at 4:00 A.M. Sunday. It's 11:58 P.M. now and I've had it for the day.
Contact the TEA in the field at .
If you cannot connect through your browser, copy the TEA's e-mail address in the "To:" line of your favorite e-mail package.